Rudy de Waele is a futurist, innovation strategist, keynote speaker, content curator and author. He assists global brands, entrepreneurs and startups, companies and organisations with cutting edge open innovation strategy using new methodologies to re-invent and transform business.
His unparalleled experience, knowledge and insight, propels leaders to stay ahead of the curve. Rudy specialises in giving technology trend forecasts, analysis and ideas exchange on how to thrive in the new economy and how to design a conscious business and meaningful life.
He has helped diverse global brands such as BMW, Coca-Cola, Google, IBM, Intel, Intesa Sanpaolo, Louis Vuitton, Mastercard, Microsoft, Orange, PayPal, Russian Railways, Samsung, Telefonica, Vodafone and World Bank.
His latest book shift 2020 – How Technology Will Impact Our Future delivers impactful insights into how future influences such as IoT, Genetics, Robotics and AI will have on our collective daily lives and includes foresights by some of the world’s leading technology experts.
Rudy is a graduate from Singularity University, he has developed over 200 leading industry events across more than 50 cities globally. He is an associate of The Futures Agency, a member of the IoT Council – a global think tank for the Internet of Things, and Strategic Advisor and Ambassador to Smart Cities World.
Mr de Waele, a native of Belgium, is fluent in English, French, Dutch, and Spanish.
Clients include: Abbott, Affinity, Baloise, Base, Bearingpoint, BlackBerry, BMW, Cambridge University, Criteo, Boston Consulting Group, CBRE, Coca-Cola, Cheil Worldwide, City of Barcelona, Digicel, Ericsson, European Commission, Google, Faurecia, Federal Agency of the Swiss Confederation, IBM, Informa, Intel, Intesa Sanpaolo, Investcorp, Louis Vuitton, MasterCard, Microsoft, Millicom (Tigo), MTN, Nokia, Otkritie Bank, PayPal, Philippe Starck, Orange, Russian Railways, Samsung, S-Group, Sanoma, Spring Messe Management, Telcel, Telefonica, TeliaSonera (Azercell), TIMWE, The Drum, Turkish Automotive Industry Exporters’ Association (OIB), Vodafone, Young & Rubicam, World Bank.
Rudy’s speaking topics:
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Defense and Security
- Digital Transformation
- Education, Training and HR
- Energy, Utilities and Environment
- Fin Tech, Food Tech
- Pharma, Health and Medical
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Singularity and Transhumanism
- Smart Cities
- Technology and Humanity
- Telecom and Media (TMT)
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Work, Jobs and Employment
Pieter De Moor
Organiser of the Bloovi Mobile Day
Conference Manager, 3D Printshow
Partner at Die Strateginnen / HRM Expo Moderator.
Marketing & Communication, Belnet
Corporate Communications section specialist, CEO Office , Azercell
Director, The Ohio State University Center for Real Estate.
President of ECOC 2014.
Chairman of the TETRA and Critical Communications Association
at Weber Shandwick. May 2016.
Executive Director of Managers’ Association of Slovenia. September 2016.
Senior Advisor, BearingPoint. November 2016.
Head of research, Geneva School of Business Administration, Switzerland. March 2017.
- “Sustainability: The Hidden Soul of Technology” – video of my keynote at the Technology Ventures Conference in Cambridge, UK (July 2015)
- “The Future of Connected Music” – video of my keynote presentation at La Digital Tech Conference in Rennes, France on December 3, 2015 . The video can be viewed on the TVR website (the keynote starts at 18:40)
- Learning to live – Medium post written with Humberto Schwab on the future of learning.
- How to create meaningful work and business – Medium post written with Humberto Schwab on the future of work and business.
- A series of opinion pieces for Smart Cities World:
- The Internet of meaningful things
- IoT sense and (in)security
- The connected experience economy
- New materials for smart(er) energy
- “Hello Sadiq, what’s the plan?”
- Working together for a smart(er) London
Waele: Keynote on The Future of Telecommunications at ETIS Community Gathering in Tallinn, Estonia, October 2017
- The Internet of Meaningful Things – slides from my presentation on Disruptive Internet of Things Trends & Innovations at the Digital Ecosystem Management Global Summit in London on September 28, 2016
- New technologies, new ways of working and learning – Learning Technologies conference in London on February 3, 2016
Rudy’s slides have over a million views on Slideshare, here’s an overview of his presentations from the last decade.